1st in a series of 30 from the book, Know Your Bible, by Amos R. Wells
1. What famous town is five miles south of Jerusalem?
2. Who said "Thou art the man"?
3. What book of the Bible tells about the rebuilding of the wall of Jerusalem?
4. In connection with what two great events is hyssop( a fragrant blue flowered plant of the mint family) mentioned?
5. Finish the quotation: 'Ho, every one that thirsteth."
6. Which of the brothers of Jesus wrote books of the new testament?
7. Give exactly " the Golden Rule."
8. What European city first heard Christian preaching?
9. Name the three famous Johns of the New Testament.
10. Of what rich man did satan ask the question, "doth he fear God for nought?"
11. What general sacrificed his daughter in fulfillment of his vow?
12. The story of what prophet is connected with a gourd?
13. What is the best known bible reference to a pearl?
14. Who was Jacob's favorite wife?
15. What was the duty of the Levites?
16. What was the highest mountain in Palestine?
17. Complete the proverb, "A wise son maketh---"
18. Who was pulled out of a dungeon by cords eased with rotten rags?
19. Where is the tree whose leaves are "for the healing of the nations"?
20. Who wrote about the valley of the shadow of death?
21. In what book of the Bible is the benediction beginning, "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling"?
22. Where in the Bible is the famous description of the power of the tongue?
23. Where in the Bible is a vivid picture of thunderstorms?
24. Repeat Christ saying about idle words.
25. Where was the burning bush?
26. Who was Peter's brother?
27. Who in Europe was first to become a Christian?
28. What Psalm did Moses write and how does it begin?
29. Who was Mordecai?
30. On what occasion did two bears kill forty two children?
31. What was the brazen serpent?
32. What is the love chapter of the Bible?
33. What is the longest chapter of the Bible.
34. Complete this sentence, "pleased not himself?"
35. What is the longest river in Palestine?
36. How many thousands did Christ feed at one time? And on another occasion how many thousands?
37. What was Matthew's other name?
38. Who was David's great friend?
39. What was Decalogue?
40. Complete the verse: " O come, let us worship and bow down."
41. What is the rest of the verse beginning, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for"?
42. Who led the way to the place of the Last Supper?
43. What was the food of John the Baptist in the wilderness?
44. What are the other names of the sea of Galilee?
45. "Bear ye one another's burdens"- what is the rest?
46. Who saw the famous vision of the deepening waters?
47. To what does the Psalmist compare a large family of children?
48. What King was hidden in the temple for the first six years of his life?
49. Who was the mother of Moses?
50. What was the first tree definitely named in the bible?
To test your learning curve give your self 2 points for each right answer and then try it again after you have had some time to study. I found in addition to the Bible that a good Concordance is invaluable along with a Bible Dictionary.
|Questions to Series I||Answers to Series I|
|Questions to Series II||
||Answers to Series III|
|Questions to Series V||
|Questions to Series VI||Answers to Series VI|
Sections that are not linked are under construction.
We are working on this as time permits.